Based in Adelaide, South Australia, Adelaide Chamber Singers was formed in 1985 by its director Carl Crossin. The ensemble has established a substantial reputation wherever it has performed and is widely recognised as one of Australia’s leading chamber choirs.
Saturday 27 June, 6.30pm – St. Peter’s Cathedral, North Adelaide
Sunday 28 June, 3pm – The Village Well, Aldgate
Conducted by associate conductor Christie Anderson
With Karl Geiger – organ and Elizabeth Layton – violin
Adelaide Chamber Singers’ associate conductor Christie Anderson directs this soulful journey through earth’s far northern regions with music by, or inspired by, Northern European composers. From Pärt’s Berlin Mass to Philip Hall’s new setting of a much-loved text, this is a program as beautiful as the northern light that inspired it.
Program to include:
|Arvo Pärt||Berliner Messe|
|Z.Randall Stroope||We beheld once again the stars|
|David Hamilton||Lux Aeterna|
|Knut Nystedt||Ave Maria|
|Philip Hall||In the bleak midwinter (World premiere commissioned by ACS)|
|Frode Fjellheim||Eatnemen Vuelie (From the movie "Frozen")|
Concert duration approximately 1hr 40min
3–concert package Full $99 / Concession $77
2–concert package Full $70 / Concession $56
Booking forms are available here
Single tickets Adult $42 / Concession $34
Online www.trybooking.com/GEPS or phone/in person at BASS 131 246 (service fees apply)
Adelaide Chamber Singers celebrates 30 years in 2015
Here are the first 5 memories from our 30 memories from 30 years.
- 1.Our very first concert in December 1985 – a Christmas program in Edmund Wright House on King William Street
- 2.Singing the Samuel Barber Agnus Dei at the Memorial Service for Sir Donald Bradman
- 3.Performing our Noel Coward songs (arranged by Carl) in Australia House in London
- 4.Singing Kondalilla in the church of St-Martin-in-the-Fields in London
- 5.Learning throat singing and harmonics from Tran Quang Hai at the Asia South Pacific Symposium on Choral Music in Singapore in 2001
To read all 30 memories from 30 years, click here.
Donate to the Adelaide Chamber Singers Supporters Fund and help us continue to create great memories…
In 2015 we will celebrate our 30th year!
Our subscription season includes a collaboration with the Brisbane and Sydney Chamber Choirs, a focus on the music of Arvo Part, and the launch of a new CD.